Preparing for your procedure
A nurse will call you one to three days prior to your procedure to give you an arrival time and specific pre-surgical instructions. The insurance department will call informing you of any co-payments, deductibles and/or other applicable charges for which you will be responsible.
You must call your medical doctor to schedule an appointment for your medical clearance prior to your procedure date. Your medical clearance must be completed no more than 30 days before your scheduled procedure date. Your medical doctor must complete the History and Physical Form and fax it to (516) 832-1085 at least 5 days before your procedure date.
Night before your procedure
Do NOT eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your procedure including fluids, food, gum and candy (this does not apply to laser patients).
Day of your procedure
- Please expect to be at the surgery center for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Do not wear any make-up or jewelry on the day of your procedure.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing, short sleeves are strongly recommended.
- Patients with hearing aids should wear them on the day of the procedure.
- The morning of your procedure, take any medications with a sip of water, as directed by your medical doctor and pre-operative phone call.
- An adult escort is required to be present on the day of your procedure from admission through discharge.
Please bring the following with you to your procedure:
- Insurance cards and photo ID
- Complete and bring all paperwork given to you by your surgeon’s office, including:
- Pre-anesthesia Survey form
- Medication Reconciliation form